MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Dirty (Dive Bar)

Dirty (Dive Bar) - Kylie Scott 3.5-4 stars

This wasn't my favorite of Kylie Scott's but I did enjoy it. There were a few things that didn't work for me, but Mal made an appearance, so I basically forgave everything else.

I'll be having Mal's babies...anyway, where was I?

I liked Vaughn. I liked Nell, I felt badly, that whole thing was so fucked up. I liked Lydia. She wasn't my favorite heroine every, but she was funny and kinda clueless and hopeful, and I couldn't help but like her. She tickled me. I don't care much for girl parts, I usually read MM, so the sex in here did nada for me.

So I may have skimmed some of the actual sex parts.

This is insta-love. Good lord is it ever, but to be honest, as I was living it with the, it didn't bother me much. There was a time or two when I was like, well, it's only been four days y'all, but then other times, given some of the intense situations, I just let that shit go.

I was a little disappointed in the ending. I didn't need a grand gesture or anything, but I wasn't heartbroken when Vaughn left and I didn't do the stomach flippy thing when he came back.

So that part was lacking for me.

However, I love how Kylie introduces other characters and sets the stage for their books. I like some of the fierce loyalty that shines through. If Andre didn't bring you to tears with his talk to Nell, you have no soul.
I also liked that Vaughn didn't turn into some perfect dude, he was obsessed with Lydia's breasts. He talked about fucking a lot. But he felt for her, and it showed. He had issues, and it showed. I liked him.

Have I mentioned Mal showed up?
"If you love your girl? Buy her books."