MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Progress: 71 %
The Last Precinct
Patricia Cornwell
Progress: 49/565 pages
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Marked. Part I: The missing Link

Marked. Part I: The missing Link - J.M. Sevilla I think 4 stars...I'm not entirely sure...this seems to be one of those books that people either LOVED or HATED...I'm somewhere in between.
For the most part, I really liked it...I enjoyed the characters and the action and the sex but at the same time sometimes the dialogue pulled me out a bit, or there were a few times I wanted to strangle either Jay or Lily.
Jay was a good character, I really liked him...do I want one in real life? Nope. But a good bad ass, contract killer scary, growling, dangerous sex-god makes a great book boyfriend! He had some rough moments, moments when I wanted to slap him, moments that had me swooning or...well, that's none of your business! Although the whole sticking his fingers in her after he came and tasting it... that went a little beyond my kink I guess. Overall, loved him.

There were times when I wasn't sure about Lily. She wasn't some whimpering "save me!" damsel in distress, and I liked that about her. The thing with Will was disturbing, especially the rape part and her failure to acknowledge that, but overall, finding the strength to get a way from him and find herself was awesome. But there were times when I though, if I was in her shoes...maybe Jay wouldn't be the guy to run to...however, since this isn't real life--I was all like Whoo-hoo! She was weird sometimes Jay just killed those two guys, but we can't steal this car because its a felony!. Mostly I liked her, she wasn't one to beat around the bush, she asked, she pushed, she told him to fuck off when he needed it.

The side characters were...colorful. Vault, well, I hope we see more of him.
Laz, you were one crazy bitch...like...Whack-a-doo crazy.
Arianna...I'm not entirely sure honestly...I know she grew on our girl, but when I first met her it was almost enough to make me DNF the book...so, I guess we'll see...but I'm not that trusting.
Oh...the guy from the racetrack? Can't remember his name...crap, I liked him, too.

I wasn't terribly excited about the ending because...well, I didn't really get one. I will be reading the next installment, I gotta know what happens.