MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
The Trespasser
Tana French
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Down London Road

Down London Road - Samantha Young 2 stars. This hurts me because I LOVED [b:On Dublin Street|15760001|On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)|Samantha Young|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358249908s/15760001.jpg|21459719] and [b:Before Jamaica Lane|17766752|Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)|Samantha Young|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1371745197s/17766752.jpg|24852550]--they were both excellent 5 star reads for me. This one really missed the mark for me.
This review might be spoiler-esque, I'll try to hide any real spoiling.
Jo...I just didn't really like her. I appreciated what she was dealing with and how she loved her brother and that she wanted to take care of everything and provide, but I didn't consider her strong or admirable or anything. She was insecure (which we all are sometimes, but I can only handle so much), her relationships were...ugh, I don't know if they were described to garner sympathy for her, to make it look like she cared, or just to contrast the passionate relationship she had with Cam, but I was just like...ugh.
NO cheating. Ever. I mean...the quickest way for me to hate you and never want another good thing to happen to you: Cheat. Badly done guys.
Cole--LOVE him, the only bright spot in the book for me and seeing more of him in Before Jamaica Lane, I seriously hope and pray that the author writes a story for him as he gets older, fantastic kid. Him and Hannah...in fact, there's an idea...him and Hannah!
Cam...*sigh* I wanted to love you, I wanted you to be as sexy and brooding as Braden or as hot and fun as Nate, but alas...I just wanted to kick your ass. Several times. He was okay for a bit, but then...he fell off. completely. I didn't want Jo to forgive him. I was pissed at her for even speaking to him. I STILL don't believe him and on the off chance he didn't sleep with Blair, WTF kind of asshole lets a girl like that stay? In his shirt? Are you fucking kidding me?"

So...My thoughts and recommendations: Read On Dublin Street and Before Jamaica Lane, I can't honestly recommend this one. Samantha Young is a fantastic writer and I will continue to read stories from her.