MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Slammed

Slammed - Colleen Hoover 4 stars
I enjoyed this--I had some super high hopes after reading [b:Hopeless|15717943|Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)|Colleen Hoover|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1353489892s/15717943.jpg|21389085], which maybe wasn't fair, because I don't know that I will ever find something as amazing as Hopeless again. There were things I didn't so much care for in this story...I'm a teacher by profession, the whole teacher/student thing kind of icks me out...this one wasn't so bad as far as the 18/21 age range, but overall, not a fan of that story line.
I really enjoyed Will, I appreciated his life and his choices and his poetry.
Now...poor Lake...I mean...teen books are hard because there are times I want to tell these kids to grow up, but the thing is...they're kids and still figuring things out and I have to consider that. I liked her, I didn't love her like I did Sky from Hopeless, or Six from Hopeless and Finding Cinderella, or maybe even her best friend Eddie, but I did like her. I felt her pain and anger and frustration.
there was a bit of insta-attraction...blah
I'm not big on poetry of any kind--not my thing, but I feltthe characters and what they shared through their poetry and Will damn near killed me with his!
I would recommend this to the fans of YA and I will definitely read more of Colleen Hoover's novels