MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Red Hill

Red Hill - Jamie McGuire Fuck

That was a little more intense than I anticipated...I have to think this one over

Review to come

Alright. I slept on it...thought it over. I'm going 3 stars. I think quite honestly that the zombie thing is just not for me. I enjoyed the writing. As a parent, I could easily put myself in the position of these parents and quite frankly, it scared the crap out of me.

My issues were just a few
1. I didn't fall in love with the characters. I liked them, most of them. Nathan was probably my fav, along with his daughter Zoe. Cooper was a real stand up kid, along with Bryce, I enjoyed Joey, too. Skeeter-wonderful--how can you not love a guy named Skeeter? Scarlet--well, sometimes. But Miranda?! For the love of all that is holy, I wanted her to be bitten by a ted. I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to feel that way. Her sister, while okay, was irritating. I think I probably would have enjoyed anyone else's perspective over Miranda.
2. I'm not big on killing off the majority of the characters. I get that this is hard and you're gonna lose people and I felt the losses, but damn...I mean...we lost MAJORITY of our characters! That's nothing against the writer or style--that is my personal issue.
3. I can only handle so much heartbreak and betrayal. Unrelated to the parents and their children, there is a lot of heartbreak and betrayal in this story. Scarlet and Andrew, Nathan and whatever the hell his wife's name was, but Miranda takes the damn cake on coming out as the worse possible character...which is quite a feat considering who she was up against. I mean...I couldn't stand what she was doing. I know in the scheme of things, it wasn't that bad. I understand that relationships change, but...yeah...I was trying to figure out how to get her bitten.

Again...my reasoning for the 3 stars isn't against the author, its more the genre and my own little issues. I would recommend it to fans of the zombie apocalypse thing.

Will read more from this author as well...