MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Angelfire

Angelfire - Courtney Allison Moulton Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 stars...it was okay.
The things I enjoyed: Will, gotta love a guy who not only says "anything for you", but shows it. I like the whole good versus evil of course. I like the whole "supernatural" or "paranormal" aspects. I love a girl with power. The flashbacks and dreams were okay as far as letting us in on the past.

What I didn't like: Unfortunately, Ellie. And Kate. I think I have a little bit of a problem with this whole "its my birthday so I get an Audi and a birthday party and shoes that cost more than some people make in a month" mentality. I was kinda like ugh, though, honestly, I could probably have forgiven her for being shallow, but then, hello, reapers, end of days, but oh yes " I have to go to Movie Night and OMG! a Halloween party!" *eye roll*
So...yeah, I had a few problems with the characters, but at the same time, I was also thinking, that's not far from reality sometimes. However, as this isn't the end of the story, we may see some great character growth in the next books, I'm also hoping that for some of the scenes as well, there were times when I didn't see the significance of people or particular scenes in the book. But again, it may just be leading up to something to be revealed later, so I didn't let that bother me.

The writing style was different for me, I haven't read many books like this. I felt like I was being told a lot, not shown, not living or experiencing, but just listening in on long conversations, and I understand that Ellie will of course have a ton of questions, but I just felt like the information was relayed in such a kind of straight forward, out of a textbook kind of way.

I don't know....I was a little sad at how things ended with Will and Ellie...he was truly adorable, I mean, I don't think you could ask for a better guy, no?

I started this as a read I was doing with my daughter, though its not necessarily my type of book, but I'll probably check out the next one just to see how things progress.