MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Progress: 71 %
The Last Precinct
Patricia Cornwell
Progress: 49/565 pages
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Kiss of Midnight

Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian I'm probably going 3.5 stars on this one.
I hate to compare one book to another, even when books have the same idea, each book is its own and so I try not to do that, but I can't help but point out some parallels between Kiss of Midnight and The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. First, the basic concept--bad-ass warrior vampires living together in a compound fighting a war against soul-less humans and "bad" vampires. I couldn't help but feel that Lucan was familiar, though he was not as encompassing as Wrath, and I also felt that Tegan was reminiscent of Zsadist--at least to me.

Having put that out there, I did enjoy this story. I finished it in about 2 days. I liked the characters and felt fear and betrayal and sadness and affection.

--I really liked him
I mean who doesn't like a huge, kick ass, bad tempered vampire with hot tattoos? As the leader and someone that has seen first hand the devastation that Bloodlust causes, he doesn't trust himself, and this is a further complication for him once he meets Gabrielle.

Gabrielle was a pretty good character, I enjoyed her. There were a few times when I was like, "Dude, you may want to listen to the slightly out of control vampire," but this chick only had a sense of self preservation about half the time. Which I guess works out best in the end, book wouldn't be too exciting if she took off running I suppose.
I enjoyed the intensity between them, the lack of control, though I have to be honest and admit I was kinda like

I will continue this series, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know the other guys, especially Dante and Tegan. I fell that this was a great introduction to the rest of the crew, we get to see a little glimpse of each of their personalities. I really felt it when they lost one of them and the betrayal was...painful.

I felt that maybe things unfolded a little slowly, but as this is the first of a series, there was a lot to explain and build up, so it didn't bother me too much.

There was a real sweetness between Lucan and Gabrielle. Despite what he said and how he acted sometimes, I really loved their encounters and can't wait to see more of them in future books.