MomoWymack

Jaclyn Osborn
Progress: 28 %
The Woman in Cabin 10
Helen Ruth Elizabeth Ware
The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt
Progress: 189/386 pages

Close Liaisons

Close Liaisons - Anna Zaires 2--all for the technology stars

I read this for a BOTM, its not my usual type of thing. I didn't like the characters. None of them. Mia was...dull and uninspired, child like in her indignation and shallow in her I-hate-this-monster-at-least-until-he-touches-me-and-then-I-can't-wait-to-wrap-my-legs-around-him. Ugh. I just didn't like her. I didn't feel her dilemma (and she did genuinely have one) but she went about the whole damn thing so stupidly that instead of feeling for her, I was face-palming and pretty much just screaming at her to pick a damn side for the love of God or spare us all!
I mean holy gullibility!
Korum. Korum was a dangerous, arrogant psychopath--if you see him, cross the street ladies. That's about the nicest thing I have to say about him.
Roommate (Jessie?) uh...priorities honey.
Peter--are we gonna see you again dude? Cuz' surely you didn't seek her out for the reason you said you did.
John...I'm not even entirely sure what happened to you. And I'm not bothered by that.
There was a ton of potential with this book, and I can even kind of dig not really loving the characters or trusting them, or knowing maybe which way our loyalties should lie...I can get down with all of that...but it was done in such a way that I just kind of hated everybody. It was like sex happened at odd times, and the conversations were just flat out strange at times and WTF is with the whole "he bought me a new ward robe! Squee!" Blech!
oh, and just for future reference "pre-ejaculate" and "nether regions" are not hot and should not be used.
I don't know, this just honestly wasn't for me, I know a lot of people loved it and I'm glad. The plot was interesting, the technology stuff was the only part that had me sitting up and being present though.