MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
The Trespasser
Tana French
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Houseboat on the Nile

Houseboat on the Nile - Tinnean 4 stars...maybe, I have no idea if that is an honest reflection of how I feel about this book or not. It seems right. This book was weird. Like weird. I mean...most cop/Spy/CIA/FBI, etc books have some kind of plot relating to some big case going down, some terrorist cell to get rid of or a smuggling ring take down. This...did not. In fact it seems the whole thing was about taking down people within their own organizations. Weird, right?
There were things that bothered me like, while I enjoy different POVs and can see how retelling the same situation from each perspective might be helpful, most of the time, I didn't feel like I gained much from the newer perspective. No deep personal thoughts or well hidden emotions or anything. Vincent is arrogant.
But then...there were things I really enjoyed. The rent boys...loved them. The French friend...his name escapes me right now, but I thoroughly enjoyed him. The head games and Vincent's B&Es...I don't know. I wanted the characters to get together and I was pleased with most of their encounters, some left me rather frustrated, but I wanted them to be together..
So...I will continue with this series, because I did enjoy it, but I'm not sure how to rate it and I'm not sure if I could recommend it either.
See, I told you, weird.