MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
The Trespasser
Tana French
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

A Matter of Time, Vol. 2

A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 - Mary Calmes 3 stars, I think.
This review is spoilery so read at your own risk.
I don't know, this was so much like the first one and other than just going on another wacky adventure with Jory, it wasn't really necessary.
I do love Jory...LOVE him, what a huge heart that boy has!
Sam is kinda..."meh"...I mean, I was pissed at him, right? For leaving, I mean..dude...and then 3 years goes by and he comes back with the same macho "you belong to me, move in, come home with me, what do you mean no?" crap...and I was like...Uh, no.
But he did have moments where he slowed down and asked in all sincerity if Jory was okay with what was happening and what he wanted and I liked that much better.
And for all his constantly wanting to control and then fuck Jory, Sam really could be quite sweet.
"I think you're wrong. I think, in real life, magic happens every day," he said rolling over on top of me, staring down into my eyes. "But even if it doesn't, who cares? I don't need a happily ever after, J, I just need the ever after part. The adjective can be whatever. Up and down ever after, sometimes rocky ever after, crazy ever after--I don't give a shit. As long as you stick around, we'll just do the best we can, day after day."
So yeah...happy!
As far as the kidnapping/crime/craziness...it was, well, crazy. I did in fact have the thing figured out pretty early, not all the details, but it wasn't that hard. I got a little frustrated with my sweet Jory, but of course he was forgiven.
I will read more from this author.