MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Progress: 71 %
The Last Precinct
Patricia Cornwell
Progress: 49/565 pages
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Meet Me in the Middle

Meet Me in the Middle - L.A. Witt I don't know. A big part of me wants to round this down to 2.5 ...or 2...I'm not sure why I won't.
I didn't read the first book of this series, but I did read the second, [b:The Closer You Get|12324689|The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, #2)|L.A. Witt|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327893398s/12324689.jpg|17303176] and I LOVED it...like 5 star loved it and so this one just fell so completely flat for me and I was horribly disappointed. It did have its moments, don't get me wrong, and I kept on reading, so it held my interest but it was just completely lacking the emotional connection that I wanted. It was just sex. And then he would wonder if it was just sex. and he would say it wasn't, but I didn't feel anything other than the sex. And FYI deciding to go condomless does not mean you're in love...I got what he was saying, but the way he said it was like...face-palm..
I think a big portion of the problem for me was that this was only from Dale's pov...I could really have used Adam's I think it would have added a lot more to their relationship. Also, it's mentioned that they talk and text and webcam-chat or whatever the hell its called, but we don't really get much of those conversations. We get their...rush to slam each other into the wall and screw--which I enjoy, don't get me wrong...anyhoosals.
There was some genuine awesomeness to the story, some great one-liners, I liked seeing the other characters and their interactions, hello---Body shots!
The sweet, honest "friend" moments were great. I did feel Dale's pain and indecision and there was a point around 70% where I absolutely just wanted to wrap him up and take him home.
So, I'll stick with my 3 star rating...but to be honest it was a let-down after the second book. I will of course continue with this author and will be reading the next book in the series.