MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

All In with the Duke

All In with the Duke - Ava March 3.5-4 stars
This was my first Ava March book, it will not be my last. I'm not a fan of historicals, I pretty much avoid them when possible, and perhaps that is why some aspects that bothered other readers didn't bother me. I wasn't caught up in what was realistic for the time or the proper behavior for a duke.
I enjoyed the characters. I felt for them, I got a little frustrated with them, and I hoped for them.
The BDSM aspect was fairly light. There was some crazy hotness in here. I mean it was worth the read if for no other reason than to hear Tristan beg
"Fuck me. Please.
Oh...and beg he did! He was killing me...in the best possible way.

Beyond just the romance between the two and the complications that made their being together not feasible, I liked the change in the characters as individuals. They found value in their lives, a sense of worth that had been missing for them before...and it wasn't that they met each other and all problems melted away, either, there were still obstacles. So, while it may not have been historically accurate or whatever, I enjoyed it and will read more from this author.