MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book
Jennifer Donnelly
The Last Precinct
Patricia Cornwell
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

No Safe House

No Safe House - Linwood Barclay I won this through Goodreads First Reads.
It took me a while to get through, I had some other reading commitments and then I had to get the first one as I hadn't realized at first that this was a sequel.
No Safe House-3 stars. I liked this significantly less than the first one.
Let me explain though, its not the writing, I love the writing. I love Terry's perspective the most. I like a good mystery, the changing povs, the way things are unfolding before me but I can't quite fit it together.
But man...some of these characters.
I have always hated Cynthia, I hated her in the first one, she can't redeem herself in my eyes. Ugh, and then Grace. Now I liked Grace in the first one, but she was 8 years old, so now at 14 or whatever, I was just wanting to shake the shit out of her, how can one kid be so stupid. I mean, the audacity to just be dumber than a bag of hammers and make me suffer through it. When she started lecturing her dad about judging people...yeah...I wanted to hurt her.
Also, Vince...damn man, I loved him, he was like my favorite character and things with him were so fucked up.
I guess its not surprising that my biggest disappointment was Jane...damn her.
So yeah, while the writing is great and I think the author is capable of creating fear and suspense and an interesting mystery and I was totally sucked into their situation, it was vivid, but man...I just hated some of these characters in a way that...*shrugs* I was kinda hoping they would get knocked around, ya know?
I will try more from this author, but I need more likable characters.