MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Broken Harbor

Broken Harbor  - Tana French 4.5 stars
Tana French writes absolutely phenomenal books, if you haven't read one, I highly recommend them.
This one didn't quite do for me what [b:In the Woods|237209|In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)|Tana French|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348442606s/237209.jpg|3088141] and [b:The Likeness|1914973|The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2)|Tana French|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348934952s/1914973.jpg|6504351] did, but it was fantastically written.
Her characters are all Murder Squad detectives of some kind and the crimes are dark, disturbing and usually described in graphic, troubling detail.
We always get the "who" of it, but honestly, that's not the purpose of the story. The real story is what is happening to the characters involved in the investigation, we watch them unravel, their pasts creeping up on them no matter how tightly they try to stay locked.
Richie was a very well drawn character, and even though I disagreed and he pissed me off, I was a little heartbroken at the end. He was a good detective and made a good partner for Kennedy.
I think watching Kennedy and Richie dig into the lives of the victims was very well written, getting caught up in their world, aligning themselves with one character or pinning themselves against another. The parallels that would catch Kennedy off guard. I loved it. I wasn't really that excited when I got to the actual who and why of it, but French had me invested. I wanted to know what was going on in that damn attic. What was with the holes and the neighbors, Conor and what were they hiding? Overall, really liked it.