MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

Murder on the Mountain

Murder on the Mountain - Jamie Fessenden 4.5 stars
To my darling Santa Elsbeth for gifting this book to me!

and to my stalkee, Marco for the wonderful review and rec

BR with my girls, but I couldn't stop because I had to know who done it, right?!

I think this was very well written. I enjoyed so much that I didn't even care that the romance is more secondary. I was suspicious of everyone (though honestly I always am!), I had moments of "ohmigod" and "ew"--there were more than a few of those. What was it Joel said? "You know, the more I talk to you, the more I realize...we're not very nice people."
Jesse was adorable and smart and sweet, if somewhat crazy.
I enjoyed Kyle as well. I think there is something to be said for characters that just come right out and say whatever they're thinking. Kyle was honest with Joel and I appreciated it.
I liked Wesley too.
There were several lines in this book that I loved.
"Fine. But not one goddamned word about Sparky the Wonder Boy goes on the reports, or I'll wring your neck."
and my personal favorite
"Jesus...Are you guys fucking? I thought we had an understanding!"

My random eyebrow raising quote: "Anyway, I don't care if he was finger-painting with his own jizz." Sorry...I have no excuse for myself. Everyone else went for the Bogie and Bacall stuff...I went for jizz *hangs head in shame*

I would highly recommend this, it's sweet and creepy and I was nervous which just says that I was thoroughly invested in the characters.
I will definitely be reading more from this author.

Anyway, while suspicious of all, I did not have it figured out and was simultaneously surprised and not surprised with the ending.