MomoWymack

MomoWymack

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye) (Volume 2)
Sarina Bowen
Progress: 71 %
The Last Precinct
Patricia Cornwell
Progress: 49/565 pages
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

No Time for Goodbye

No Time for Goodbye - Linwood Barclay So I finished this last night. I needed a little time to think about what I wanted to say.
First, I think it was well written, there were times when I got sucked in and ending up reading longer than I meant to, and that's always a good sign.
I liked the way the story unfolded even though there were times when I had no idea what to think and in general I don't really care for that feeling, but it was definitely a mystery.
For those of you who have read my reviews before, you have probably noticed my trust issues, they came out full force in this book for sure, in fact, if Grace hadn't been an 8 year old, I would have been side-eyeing her. I trusted no one. Well, I did trust Terry, I liked him a lot, and well, honestly Vince was probably my favorite side character.
My main problem with this book is Cynthia. Now, I understand we are supposed to be sympathetic towards her, feel for her, be scared for her, hell wonder about her mental state, but I...well, I hated her. I felt sorry for her for about ten minutes somewhere between family disappearance and the fake psychic and then...no. I just fucking hated her. I hated what she was doing to her family and I hated how she treated her husband and I hated that she couldn't see what she was doing to her daughter and that she had some strange sense of entitlement to her crazy behavior. So yeah...she probably knocked a star off this book.
I will say as far as endings go, this was a good one, nothing was too easy to figure out, I saw where part of it was going and while I may have been suspicious of a few people due to the aforementioned trust issues, I didn't know the why of it.
I will be reading the 2nd one, I know Cynthia is in it, I hope she's either been to therapy and not horrible or plays a smaller roll.
Overall, I did enjoy this, and will be reading more from this author.