MomoWymack

MomoWymack

The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter)
C.S. Poe
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks I think I'm going to stick with 3 stars on this, but I realize that the fact that I did not read any of the previous novels may have affected my enjoyment. I thinnk had I read the others, I wouls have been more invested in some of the characters than i was.
It took me a bit to get into this, about 20-some odd percent. Toni was the main reason. I didn't like her, not just didn't trust her, but I did not like her. To me bitch does not equal strong. That was irksome. Now, I can understand loathing, I can get distrust, but just plain ol' bitchiness pisses me off. having said that, she only irritated me for a bit, then I got on with her okay.
Some of the dialogue and situation was bizarre and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be taking it seriously or if it was some kind of commentary about the state of reality TV or something.
Near the end when Corky and what's her chick are being threatened with being killed and it's "I'm too pretty, kill the other girl" and "she slept with my boyfriend so kill her" or my favorite "kill what's his name cuz' he's boring" uh...Really?

Also, I wanted to kill Sabrina...seriously, I wanted someone to take a bite out of her. Bitch.
Now, I did like Carlos, he was tripping me out and I I wasn't real surprised that he wasn't completely human or whatever I hope he gets his own book
Teddy! I hope he gets his own book--I would totally read it!
The other characters, like I said if I had read their books I probably would have been a little more excited to see them...that's my bad
Ian was super adorable! I mean...good lord the accent! And the kilt!

K, so he was probably more like this

But I couldn't pass up the first guy *shrugs*
Anyhoo, he was sweet...now I like my guys (in my novels) a bit rough, the alpha thing works for me, but lately...with historicals especially there is something about the sense of honor...*dreamy sigh*
Parts of this moved kinda slow for me. Some of it was rather predictable. Parts of it were really sweet. There was steam, not much, but some. Not all of the dialogue worked for me, but ya know I'm not really a hearts and flowers kind of girl, so there's that.
Overall, it was okay, I think this is one of those times where the book is fine, its just not really my kind of book. *shrugs*
Having said that, if Teddy or Carlos get a book (ooh, maybe together?!) I would read it.